When compared with cotton or bamboo, Ethical Bedding Company's 100% Eucalyptus Tencel Lyocell sheets are softer, more breathable and are vastly more sustainable.
Here’s some things you might find interesting about our products when compared to market leading cotton products:
- Naturally softer (due to the lower surface friction)
- Superior thermoregulation (cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter!)
- Incredibly breathable (no more restless nights waking up too hot)
- Naturally more absorbent (keeping you and your sheets fresh for longer)
- More sensitive on skin and hair with zero static (they’re hypoallergenic too!)
The inherent properties of eucalyptus TENCEL when compared with cotton make for a substantially better bedding product, but it doesn’t end there. There’s next to no waste in our manufacturing process, which when compared to cotton is fascinating and we use:
- Around 95%+ less water. (which is over 4,000 litres)
- No pesticides or insecticides. Zero. Zilch. (cotton uses ~20%+ of the world’s insecticides)
- 30% less energy consumption.
At the Ethical Bedding Company, we are delighted to be able to share this information with you to help you make a smart, sustainable choice for your next bedding product. We just wish we had known about this sooner.
But don’t worry, our mission at Ethical Bedding Company is to educate consumers and convert the UK bedding market away from ‘dirty cotton’ and towards environmentally friendly, sustainable options which are kinder to our bodies and the planet.